– Please don’t be late for class. Check the left hand menu or with your teacher for the latest arrival time for each of the classes, or look on the notice board. Please be respectful of shala closing times
– At busy times, if there is no space in the main room, please start in the small finishing room. If this is also full, wait on the bench. Once the teacher calls ‘one more’, the next person from the small finishing room moves into the main room and swaps with the person about to finish. Make sure you do not jump the queue
– Place your mat about 15cm – 20cm from the person next to you
– It’s nice to take rest, but this does not mean a 40 minute savasana!
– Please shower/bathe before coming to class and wear clean yoga clothes
– Please wash both your cotton yoga mat and your sticky yoga mat on a regular basis!
– Please turn your phone off or to silent and try not to be tempted to look at it during your practice
– Try and be respectful of other students and the space they are practising in – so no hitting
– If you are looking for a new posture, we know. Don’t ask. It will be given when we feel you are ready. It’s not just about the asana
– Please inform the teacher of any injuries, operations, pregnancy or such-like
– Please keep any warm-up to a minimum
– The practice is taught in a traditional style so please try to avoid modification/use of props etc. or deviating from the sequence
– Blocks and monthly passes are not usable on Sunday class: please pay!
– Do not eat a meal for 2-3 hours before attending class
– Try not to eat or drink for 20-40 minutes after class
– It is nice to be sociable with fellow yogis but please be respectful of those practising – keep chat quiet
– Twice a year we clear out all the mats so we can clean better. Any mats left we store for a month and then pass them on to other students. This happens in June and December. Check News or see the notice board
– We have a lost property box which is emptied every two weeks