– Please check our COVID-19 safety page for guidelines on keeping everyone safe during the pandemic
– Please don’t be late for class. Check with your teacher for the latest arrival time for each of the classes, or look on the notice board. Please be respectful of shala closing times
– We want to assure anyone who comes to our shala that they are free to say no to adjustments at any time and we will respect your wishes and will not ask you to explain your reasons
– In keeping with tradition, Primary series only is practised on Fridays
– It’s nice to take rest, but this does not mean a 40 minute savasana!
– Please shower/bathe before coming to class and wear clean yoga clothes
– Please wash both your cotton yoga mat and your sticky yoga mat on a regular basis!
– Please turn your phone off or to silent and try not to be tempted to look at it during your practice
– Try and be respectful of other students and the space they are practising in – so no hitting 🙂
– If you are looking for a new posture, we know. Don’t ask. It will be given when we feel you are ready. It’s not just about the asana
– Please inform the teacher of any injuries, operations, pregnancy or such-like
– Please keep any warm-up to a minimum
– The practice is taught in a traditional style so please try to avoid modification/use of props etc. or deviating from the sequence
– Blocks and monthly passes are not usable on Sunday class: please pay!
– Do not eat a meal for 2-3 hours before attending class
– Try not to eat or drink for 20-40 minutes after class
– It is nice to be sociable with fellow yogis but please be respectful of those practising – keep chat quiet
– Twice a year we clear out all the mats so we can clean better. Any mats left we store for a month and then pass them on to other students. This happens in June and December. Check News or see the notice board
– We have a lost property box which is emptied every two weeks